Bluetooth allows you to connect a variety of wireless devices to your iPad, such as keyboards, speakers, and headsets. You can turn Bluetooth on with just a few taps, and before you know it your iPad will have expanded functionality.
Pairing a device
- Open the settings app. You can use Bluetooth to wirelessly connect a variety of accessories to your iPad. Supported accessories include Bluetooth keyboards, hands-free headsets, wireless speakers and Bluetooth remotes.
- Tap’ Bluetooth ‘. It is disabled by default to conserve battery.
- Tap the ‘Bluetooth’ slider to toggle it on. Your iPad will begin searching for devices.
- Set your device to be discoverable. In order to connect most devices via Bluetooth, the devices needs to be set to be discoverable.
- Tap your accessory in the list. Making sure that the device is within range of the iPad.
- Input the passkey or pin if requested.(check your accessory’s documentation or look it up online for exact instructions for pairing it)
- Wait for the pairing to complete, it takes a few moments. Your iPad and the device will now connect automatically if they are both on and in the same vicinity.
Using Bluetooth devices:
- Route your face time through your device . When you receive a face time call, answer it using your Bluetooth headsets answer button to use the device during the call. Answering through the app will use the iPads speaker and mic.
- Play music through Bluetooth speakers .If you have connected these speakers or have connected your iPad to your car stereo, any music that you play will automatically be rooted through this device.
- Disconnect your device if you don’t want your device to be paired to the iPad anymore.(Bluetooth devices can only be paired to one host at a time, so you will need to unpair when you want to use it on another device.)
- Turn off Bluetooth when you aren’t using it since it will put extra strain on your battery.
Enjoy using your Bluetooth accessories!
You can now view Photos Using airplay. In addition, you can send whatever you’re looking at on your iPad directly to your apple tv, including the pictures and videos in your photos app. You’re only ever a few steps from taking your photos from the small screen in your hand to the big one.
If you own an apple TV then airplay is potentially one of the coolest new features for the iPad. This app allows you to stream content from your iPad to your TV screens via apple tv. Using airplay to stream your photos from the iPad is easy once you know and have the requirements to make streaming work e.g. an apple tv, iPad and same local Wi-Fi network for your device and apple TV.
How to use airplay to stream photos from the photos app:
When you first open the photos app, in order to see the airplay button you must open an album or your entire photo library and tap on an individual photo. Once you’ve done that you’ll see this button at the top right of the screen.
Tap on the airplay button and you’ll be presented with a small popover where you toggle the display to either your iPad or to apple tv. You can also make use of the airplay button from within a photos slideshow.
How to share photos and videos from your iPad on your apple TV:
- Launch photos from your iPad home screen
- Find the photo or video you want to share.
- Tap on the share button.
- Choose the apple TV you want to airplay to. Enjoy.
For now, you can stream YouTube videos, some of your own videos taken with an iPhone (though via a fairly convoluted process), audio from the iPod app and 3rd party apps that have been updated to support this app, and photos. Audio and photos are my two favorite things to stream so far. Who doesn’t love seeing all your latest shots of family and friends on a great big screen, especially with no need for cables.
There are a number of ways to hook up your iOS device to the television screen; both wired and wireless. Mirroring the iPad screen to your television when you have an apple box is as simple as setting up your Apple TV and hitting a few buttons your iPad. if you want to mirror your iPad screen without an Apple TV though ,you will have to work a bit harder.
The simplest solution to get your ipad’s video to show on your television screen is to use a hardware adapter. Check the back of your television set or its manual to find out which types of plugs are supported and read video cables explained. Consider buying an adapter that will plug into your ipad’s charging port and provide an HDMI hook up. you can then use an HDMI cable to attach your ipad device to your television.
This is probably the easiest way to mirror both the video and audio of your ipad device to your television.
Use a third-party program to mirror your computer screen. Options include air server and reflector. Both allow your computer to work as an airplay receiver, so you can use the airplay function on your iOS device to mirror your iPad display to your computer display. From there you can hook your computer to your television with an HMDI cable.
If you have an apple TV at home, this process gets less convulated. You simply stream your iPad’s image to the apple tv. Supported applications, like apples own video app, or in fact any web video, will show an airplay icon when there’s an apple TV connected to your local network. Pressing the airplay icon and selecting your apple TV will start wirelessly streaming your screen.
If you don’t have apple TV and many iOS users ,there are methods out there that will allow Mirroring the iPad screen display to your television screen
Apple is heavily pushing its new ‘continuity’ features in OS X Yosemite that improve cross-platform integration between iOS and the mac. The most significant of the continuity features is handoff, which allows OS X and iOS users to start a task on one device and swap to another one nearby to continue work.
Handoff can be used for a number of different activities, including email, web browsing, messaging, and more. users can begin composing an email on iPad and finish it on the their mac. Maps and websites work in a similar fashion, as users can load up content on one device and look at it on another.
You will need iOS 8.1 and OS X Yosemite in order to use handoff ,making sure that both your mac and ipad are logged into the same icloud account.
Setting up handoff:
- Turn on Wi-Fi on your iPad and mac
- Turn on Bluetooth on your iPad and mac
- Turn on handoff on your iPad and mac.allow this handoff between this mac and your iCloud devices
- You may now begin using handoff by launching a compatible app on your mac or iOS device and swapping to another to see your content. For example, try launching safari on your Mac and then switch to your iPad. On your iPad’s lock screen, you should see a small safari icon in the lower left corner. Slide up to launch safari and the ions app will display the same website as seen on your mac.
You can also see a handoff-enabled app through the multitasking switcher by double-pressing your home button and scrolling to the left. Handoff works in a similar fashion when transitioning from an iOS device to a mac. On the mac,
a handoff-compatible app will be displayed on the left-most side of the dock. Clicking on the app in the macs dock will load the same content as seen on an Ios device.
iCloud keychain keeps track of your various account usernames and passwords for you so that you only have to remember one password, instead of dozens. iCloud Keychain is Apple’s attempt to make a basic level of password management available to the mainstream. With it, your account names, passwords, and credit cards numbers can be stored in iCloud, and synced across all iOS 7 and OS OS X Mavericksdevices that are logged in under the same Apple ID.
Setting iCloud keychain for the first time:
Step 1…Go to settings then iCloud then keychain.
Step 2..Toggle the switch on.
Step 3…Type in a favour-digit code that is easy to remember. You will need to remember this code, as well as your apple ID password.
Step 4..when prompted, type in a phone number that will be able to receive SMS messages when you need to activate a new device.
Adding a device to sync with iCloud keychain:
You can add your iPad to the iCloud keychain and all of your account and password information will be synced across all devices.
- Go to settings then iCloud then keychain.
- Toggle the switch on.
- Tap ‘approve with security code’ and enter the four-digit code you created when setting up iCloud keychain for the first time.
- An SMS will be sent to the phone number that you added for activating a new device ,when you receive the text, enter the six-digit verification code.
On OS X
You can also set up iCloud keychain in OS X mavericks
- Go to apple menu then system preference then iCloud.
- Select keychain.
- Set a password to unlock your screen after sleep or skip this step.
- Enter your apple ID and password.
- Enter the four-digit code you created when setting up iCloud keychain.
- An SMS message will be sent to the phone number that you added for activating a new device. When you receive the text, enter the six –digit verification code.
Enjoy your iCloud Keychain!
There are a few different ways to print documents and images from your iPad. Airprint is the most common and powerful way ,as it is integrated with almost all apple apps. You can also use HP ePrint by installing your printer. Install the ePrint app, select the printer, register your email and cloud services then print your document.
Another method is google cloud print. First install your printer, then open chrome on your computer, select settings , select your printer from the list. Your printer is now ready for cloud printing, open google chrome on your iPad, then print your page or document.
- Install the printer. In order to print to an airprint printer, it must be connected to the same wireless network as your iPad. Each printer has a specific way to connect it to the network, but generally you’ll need to need to ensure that the network name and password are entered correctly.
- Open the item you wish to print .on your iPad,open the item. You can only use airprint with progress that supports it, such as safari, mail, pages and photos.
- Click the button .this button is located on the top bar of the program screen and looks like a rectangle with an arrow coming out,this button will open a menu of actions you can perform. Select the print button. Then in pages,click the wrench icon to open the settings menu. Tap share and print ,then click print from this menu.
- Select your printer. If you have more than one airprint printer on the network, choose the one that you wish to print from. Select the number of copies you want to print ,then tap the print button. (if you don’t see your printer, make sure that your iOS device and your printer are both connected to the same Wi-Fi network and you’re within range)
While printing ,you can watch your print jobs or cancel them through the app switcher. Just double-click the home button and tap the printer. Airprint is the best!
As long as you’re signed into your iCloud drive account, any apps that support iCloud drive will give you options to open and save documents to it. Not only can you choose to save documents and files to iCloud drive from scanner pro, but also you can navigate through folders and choose where you’d like to save them.
Enabling iCloud drive manually on iPad,you’ll first launch the settings app on your iPad running ios 8 or higher. Tap on iCloud drive then turn on the option for the drive drive.
Using iCloud drive for iPad;
You will use apples cloud-based storage area for your files introduced with OS X Yosemite and iOS files. The files placed in iCloud drive are automatically and invisibly synced ‘ to the cloud’ files already there. The edited are also synced as soon as you save. This means the file is copied to iCloud drive online. The file is downloaded to the iCloud drive of any macs signed into the same apple ID and the file is made accessible to ions and some ios apps sync with iCloud drive when you open them.
ICloud drive must be activated on each ios device and mac. On your iPad,you may need to open the settings app ,tap iCloud,then iCloud drive and toggle the switch; on OS X Yosemite and later you’ll need to open system preferences. Click iCloud and put a tick alongside the entry in the list.
Enjoy using your iCloud drive!
iCloud photo library stores all your pictures and videos on apple’s servers.This makes it available to you on all your devices. To accomplish this, iCloud photo library works with photos for iOS and photo for os x as the glue that holds everything together.
If you take a picture with your iPad, it goes up to apples servers and is made available on all your other devices. That is when you let part backup, part sync and part storage optimizer. iCloud photo library can make micromanaging your pictures and videos easy.
Family sharing-due to debut with OS x Yosemite-should bring a measure of sanity to households full of apple devices. Just as many iPads, each member of the family will be able to join the family sharing group. If this becomes real then anyt member of this group will be able to download almost any media bought by any other member of the group. This will be without sharing apples ID’s or passwords. It will allow family photo albums, calendars among others, thus iCloud photo library is necessary.
With the apples next generation cloud, there are some new photos features apart from iCloud photo library. The photos app is getting an overhaul that combines iPhoto for iOS’s editing tools with a fully functioning cloud-storage locker for your images. For starters, any photo you take and store in the iCloud photo library will be automatically uploaded to iCloud. Thus, your images and videos are stored at full resolution and in their original formats..All of those images will be on any iOS device or on the web.
Luckily ,apple is adding a smart search feature and a favorite button, the search field will initially prompt you with a collection of nearby photos, images taken at the same time last year and all time favorite. There will be new editing features for images, you’ll be able to use a bevy of iPhoto-inspired features ,all of those edits sync across your devices, so that the fixed image appears in your library immediately. Hurry and use iCloud photo library!
Airdrop lets you transfer files quickly and easily between iPhones and iPads . It uses Bluetooth low energy to broadcast, discover and negotiate connections. Airdrop also uses point-to point Wi-Fi to transfer information. That makes it power efficient, fast and secure. When you are using it between iPhones and iPads,you can airdrop photos, videos, contacts, voice memos,map location and everything else that appears on a share sheet.
How to enable or disable airdrop on your iPad.
- Launch control center by swiping
- your finger up from the button bezel of your iPad.
- Make sure both Bluetooth and Wi-Fi are active.
- Tap on the app.
- Choose the contacts only or everywhere.
If you choose contacts only, you and anyone you want to share with needs to be logged into iCloud. It will check both your iCloud accounts, then if there’s a match ,it will show you your own version of the contact on your device, that way, no data gets leaked.
How to transfer files between iPhone and iPad with airdrop
- Find the file you’d like to send to airdrop.
- Tap the share button.
- Choose the contact you’d like to drop to.
- Once it finishes you should see a sent message underneath it.
How to use airdrop to share files between macs and ios devices.
You’ll need iOS 7 or later and OS X Yosemite in order to use this app to transfer files between iOS device. Both iOS devices must be powered on and not locked in order to make airdrop file transfers.
- Turn on Wi-Fi on your iPad and mac. Airdrop will still between the Mac and an iOS device even if both are using different wifi networks.
- Turn on Bluetooth on your iPad and Mac .
- Now, turn on airdrop on your iPad and mac. Then click ‘allow me to be discovered by’, choose contacts only or everyone.
- You may now begin using the app to transfer files between a Mac and the iPad using apps that share feature built –in.
Hope you got it all well. Enjoy your services!
Evernote a great app, for a service that has been around for awhile. It works well, and the combination of this with the premium service is, well, powerful. I think it’s clear at this point that Evernote is a solid piece of software, making a lot of peoples lives easier. The searching capabilities, and sharing push it to the next level. The UI is simple to use, and it really is easy to figure everything out.
The internet is swarmed with different kinds of apps that help people perform activities that they engage in on a daily basis. The apps are designed to be compatible with most mobile devices with each varying in size depending on which device you download them in. One such app is Evernote; it as an app that helps in syncing all your devices. You don’t have to specifically use one device everywhere you go since Evernote tends to help you work on other devices using your personal information as you would when you are at home.
You can work on your home desktop or laptop at home and with the help of Evernote get to continue with your work at your workplace without having to worry about carrying your laptop to work. The app also helps you to organize your work, photos among other files that may be in one of your personal devices.
The beauty of Evernote app is that you can install it on your mobile phone meaning you will find it easy getting to access your information from anywhere to due to the high portability rate of your mobile phone. Such apps are the kind of apps being used by many people all over the world in an effort to make tasks less complicated.
I loved Evernotes interface & used it often until I realized their terms that they can use & modify any of your data. very disappointing & not worth it for loss of ownership of my data & privacy. Anyway, Evernote is a fantastic app.